Saturday 8 March 2014

Fancy meeting you here...



A fresh blog. A very fresh, empty, blog. It's almost as daunting as it is exciting. I have so many things I want to add to my lovely little slice of food blog heaven but so little time to write... And re-cook, and photograph and test and tweak. It's a damn good thing cooking and baking is a labour of love for all us crazy obsessed people. 

By the way... Just so you know, I've never had a blogger account. Any journaling I've done in the past has been through other mediums. So I apologise for lack of easy linkage and the general chaos this page will be in until I figure out what I'm doing. 

At the moment I'm sifting through recipes I've created (as much as you can create something new as usually no matter what you do this masterpiece you've sweated blood and tears into perfecting has some other prior incarnation out there) and recipes I've found and fallen in love with, changed to suit my family's taste and then there's the fancy ones I've collected over the years to challenge myself or mark something off my bucket list of foodie must trys. Let me say that this is one dirty bitch of a process for me because I never pay attention to little things like amounts or cooking times or occasionally entire recipes when I cook. I normally cook by sight and feel. Which is now to my detriment. Boo. 

So, that's where I am right now.
The quick, easy things I'm writing up that I'll have coming up first will be:
~ homemade pickled peppers and pickled cucumbers.
~ sexy sticky date pudding with gooey salty sweet butterscotch sauce.
~ toffee and chocolate chip cookies 
~ broccoli pesto salad topper
~ pumpkin and caramelised onion soup
~ dulce de leche, vanilla bean and bourbon ice cream which I adapted from the easy cheaters no churn ice cream recipe from the lovely people at nestle. Which is ready in a matter of hours and is magic taste wise and space wise if you have a wussy little freezer like I have with no space to chill huge bowls and wait a day and a half before even starting to freeze your product. 


Yeah.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Aww you finally did it! Good girl. I can't wait to see what you turn this into. Get some pictures up soon babe. We want the eye candy haha. And for gods sake don't forget to call me when you do any test cooking. Love love love! See you soon xx
    ~V

    ReplyDelete